Monday, December 7, 2020

Editing Blog For Music Video

 I began the process of editing on 12/4 and was able to complete the majority of the editing then. I downloaded all of my video clips from google photos and uploaded them into OpenShot. I also downloaded the song and uploaded it into my timeline. I placed each video clip into my timeline individually and trimmed and cut it until it fit with the music. I added the dissolve near the end of the day, and I was finished with the main portion of editing. One of the things I wanted to do with my project was color grading. The lighting in my project was often different hues and the pan shot over the pond was filmed in the day and I wanted to make it look like night. Unfortunately, OpenShot does not seem to have a color grading tool, so I had to download a new editing software. I did some research and downloaded DaVinci Resolve, and went to bed, anticipating to finish editing the next morning. Unfortunately the program did not work with my computer and whenever I would click it an error message would pop up. I decided to step away from the project for a little while since I had to go to work and focus on other schoolwork. On 12/7 I downloaded Shotcut and it worked on my computer so I continued to edit on there. I exported my video from OpenShot, opened the file in Shotcut and placed it in the timeline. I used the cut tool on snapchat to make the pan a separate click and applied the color grading tool. I adjusted the color wheels so that the picture was darker and had a bluer hue. I adjusted the white balance of the rest of my clips so that they looked less yellow, which improved the lighting exponentially. One of the more frustrating aspects of editing was trying to get rid of the black border around the videos. The pond scene had a much bigger border than the rest of the scenes and I was able to fix it through zooming in, but I could not do that to the other scenes without ruining shots. I ended up having to keep the black bar around the videos because I could not figure out a solution. I think it may have to do with Shotcut, since I did not have  these issues with my other projects. For my next project I am going to look into it and if need be get a new editing program so I do not have to deal with this again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...