Saturday, February 20, 2021

Title Research: Art of the Title Website

 Art of the title is a website dedicated to showcasing titles for film and TV. I researched it in order to gain a greater insight into titles for my final task. Art of the titles has a wide variety of genres of films and types of titles, some are word art, some are animated, some are live-action, etc. Art of the Title had a very large collection of titles compared to other websites, with a long list of results, with the oldest film title being from the 1920s. This large variety of results going far back was very useful for me, as it allowed me to look at film introductions from the 1950s. I want my film to mimic some of the conventions of a film from that decade because that is when it was set. I found when researching title sequences from that decade that they often do not add to the story or even introduce the characters, even when the introduction features them, they often seem less like characters and more like props. However, in introductions from this decade, I found that the credits were often featured more prominently, rather than reduced to the corner of the screen. I also saw how the title design would often fit the ambiance of the tone or setting of the movie. Overall I found this website very useful in researching title sequences from decades past and helped me understand a portion of what I would like my introduction to be like. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...