Saturday, February 20, 2021

Title Research: Watch the Titles Website

 

Watch the Titles is another website I used for research. The website has a far smaller collection of film introductions than other websites I looked at but it nevertheless contained lots of valuable information. The website largely featured WordArt and animated intros, which, while they are incredible pieces of art, are out of my skill level and thus are not something I plan to do with my introduction. However, the most useful information that this website gave me came not from the titles themselves, but rather from the text below them. Many of the titles had a relatively in-depth interview with the director of the creative team of an introduction.  Titles without these interviews often had descriptions detailing how and why they worked as intros. Reading these intros allowed me to further understand how/why certain creative decisions are made. For instance, I learned about how titles should be placed for the fullest effect, or how to make your introduction fit the mood of the film. This website was an invaluable resource, and I plan on continuing to use it throughout my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...