Monday, March 29, 2021

Production Blog: Filming, Friendship and Fumbles

 



On March 22nd I continued filming for our project. I ended up having to refilm all of Francesca's scenes. While this was inconvenient, it allowed me to better plan for what I wanted to do.  It also gave the actress playing Bernadette some time to get into costume and rehearse lines. Bernadette's hair also changed a bit from my plan. We couldn't get the updo to hold, and look comfortable, so we opted for a half-up, half-down with various twists and spirals to appear more vintage. I finished re-filming rather quickly and I began working on Bernadette's scene in the bathroom. This took a while as me and the actress were laughing quite a bit, and couldn't get super focused. I cannot blame her or myself as I was crouched on a bathroom counter in a rather silly position and we are quite good friends. We had to do several takes of the scene, as I would either stop filming too soon, or she would keep doing something for longer than she should've. After this, I refilmed the table scene and all that was included in it. This was a rather short process, as the blocking and camera work was very simple. We also remembered to keep the door unlocked, unlike last time. The final thing we filmed that day was the action match to Bernadette getting the door slammed in her face. We had daylight left to burn and time left to film, so we set up to begin filming the outdoor scenes. Unfortunately something got in the way just as we are about to begin filming. I live very close to the beach and my friends will often use my house for parking. A few of my friends, who were not involved in this project, were at the beach as we were filming and unfortunately, one of them got hurt and asked if they could come back to my house for first aid. I obviously said yes, and we stopped filming for the day in order to care for their scrapes. The injuries were luckily not super serious, nothing that some hydrogen peroxide and a band-aid couldn't fix, and while I did not get work done for the rest of the day I did get to spend some time with my friends after they were all bandaged up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...