Thursday, March 18, 2021

Production Blog: Preparing to Film

 Once again, not many updates in terms of progress. The rest of my props arrived. Including the new tripod, and fake lipsticks. The tripod is nicer than the one with the ring light and should save me some time while filming. The Lipstick tubes feel cheap, which makes sense for the price, and doesn't matter anyway because they're only a visual. I'm going to buy the lipstick that Bernadette puts on this weekend. I've chosen to buy it in person because I've found it to be significantly cheaper than purchasing it online. After we film that lipstick is either going to be thrown away or given to the actress playing Bernadette for sanitary reasons. In preparation for filming, I have begun to organize my house to better suit the time period. Hiding any technology that would not be appropriate out of the camera's line of sight. I will also be placing the tape on the floor for where I want the camera to be for each scene. This way I will not have to waste time adjusting the camera as I did last time. I'm hoping to finish filming on the 22nd. However, I am ready to continue on to the 23rd if necessary. 



I did not get any editing done as planned. But that is mostly because most of the footage I got the last time I filmed was shoddy, or scenes were completely missing. Editing now would mean having to undo most of my work when I got the rest of my footage, which I'm not particularly interested in doing.  However, because of spring break, I will be able to spend a lot of time editing the film. I should be able to make up for some of the time I lost earlier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...