Monday, March 15, 2021

Production Blog: Costuming, Props, and Purchasing

 Once again very little was done in terms of editing or filming over the past weekend. However, I have begun to prep for my next filming escapades this upcoming weekend. The biggest thing I have decided to do is to re-purchase the tripod I used for my music video project. I loved using it so much, and I think repurchasing it will save me a lot of time. The ring light I bought will likely only be used as a ring light from now on. As I mentioned in previous blogs, it was too finicky to change camera angles easily and quickly. I also purchased some props. Instead of risking my own lipstick falling all over the dirty asphalt, I decided to buy new props. Lipstick can be pretty pricey, even when they are of the cheaper variety, and I want there to be a plethora of tubes falling out of Bernadette's purse. In order to save some money, I bought empty lipstick containers, meant for lipstick makers, rather than full lipsticks. As the actual colored part of the lipstick is never shown, it does not matter if the tube was empty. The tube also looks quite high-end despite being so cheap and will fit the time-period better than your average cheap lipstick. It also comes without branding, meaning I won't have to cover anything up for my film. I've also begun to set aside some ideas for Bernadette's hair and costuming. I own quite a few 50's reproduction dresses already and don't really want to buy a new one, as they can be very expensive. The actress playing Bernadette is roughly the same size as me and will probably be able to fit into one of my dresses. In terms of hair, styles from the fifties were known for being well constructed and short, often being set the night before. Jessica (the actress playing Bernadette) has long hair, and I do not want to force her to sleep with rollers in her hair. In order to keep her hair relatively period-accurate I will be doing a relatively simple up-do and sweeping one piece of hair back like the following picture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...