Thursday, March 11, 2021

Production Blog: Music and More

 I've yet to get much filming and editing done since last weekend. I've worked every night this week, and I've had a considerable amount of work due in other classes. I have done a few things to help my project over the past few days. Firstly, I reviewed all of my footage from last weekend. A lot of it is, not great, and I'm going to refilm a lot of it when my actors meet up again. Some of it being bad is little things, like a phone charger being in the shot for a movie set in the '60s, but some of it is bigger things, like forgetting to film entire shots. I also re-ordered the tripod I used for my music video project. The flimsiness of the ring light tripod was too much to deal with and cost me a lot of valuable filming time. I figured that spending a little more money to save a lot more time would serve me well for my filming process. Another big thing I started looking for was music. I have been looking on Royalty free music sites such as Epidemic Sound and Incomptech for music for my final project. I have elected to use royalty-free sites rather than ask permission to use copyrighted music because I do not want to fall in love with a particular score only to not get a response when I ask for permission, or even worse, be told no. Looking for music has been somewhat difficult as a lot of the music I've found has a distinctively electronic element. Which does not fit the mood or setting of my film in the slightest. I also want my music to be close to my desired length of the film, or have a cut that doesn't end suddenly that would fit the length of the film. I find music cutting out suddenly to be very jarring. Looking for music is also somewhat hard because I have a pretty specific idea for how I want it to sound. I would like the music to sound of the film's time, very jazzy in a film noir kind of way, but I also want it to be cinematic and sad. A lot of the jazz music I find on these sites are rather upbeat. I have found a few songs I'm considering the use of, but I don't think I will settle on the song until my film is more wholly put together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...