Monday, September 21, 2020

Intro Blog

 Hello, My name is Foster Elizabeth Fowler and welcome to my AICE media studies blog. I'm currently a sophomore at Fort Lauderdale High school and I'm very excited to start taking this class. I am very excited to learn and create in this class because like so many people I grew up loving both consuming and creating stories. I spent my childhood tediously arranging my dolls into positions I thought would best fit the narrative in my head. I changed where I was sitting to mock the angles I would see on TV. Now that I'm older and those dolls have landed in thrift stores, and hopefully to new homes, I play out ideas for stories in my head, sometimes even writing them down If they are worthy. I've never actually made a film, or even a planned out video even though I am deeply interested In the medium. Luckily I'm going to be making films for this class, so that interest will at long last come to a head. Additionally I am looking forward to learning about the technicalities and processes of creating Films.  My favorite movie at this moment (because it changes very often) is The Sound of Music, and my favorite television show is Ryan Murphy's POSE. My favorite film director is either Edgar Wright or Greta Gerwig depending on the mood I am in.  I live with my mother and my dog Lucy, who is an eleven year old husky. Our house is a very short walk away from the Beach. Which is nice, even if I go rarely because the seaweed scares me. I like acting and singing but not dancing, because I am truly and deeply terrible. Musical theatre is one of my great passions, and I think it is very interesting how it can be handled when translated to film, as the two mediums are very different but have a deeply connected history.  I also like to watch video essays about films I haven't seen because I enjoy learning about the technical and storytelling aspects in film. I really want to learn how to sew because I love costume design, especially for period pieces, but I have found I lack both the time and the Patience. I have made one article of clothing, A circle skirt that is both much too big and small at the same time. Hopefully I prove more adept at film making.

                                                                                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...