Friday, October 23, 2020

Planning Blog

  Planning blog 

  Props: 

I am producing a commercial for Maybelline's great lash mascara. Thus my main props will be tubes of said mascara. I will also be using a hairbrush and a purse.

Costumes : 


For my project I will be using five different costumes. Great lash is one of Maybelline's oldest products debuting in 1971. My plan is for the commercial to showcase the product through the years, so I want a different costume for the 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, and 2010's. For the 1970's I will be wearing a Jumpsuit. For the 1980's I will be wearing a button up shirt and high-waisted jeans. The 1990s, a mini skirt, tights and a black t-shirt. For the 2000's I will be wearing low-waisted jeans and a tank top layered over a t-shirt. The 2010's it will consist of an over-sized t-shirt and leggings. Each costume will also have relatively period accurate hair, make-up, and accessories.

 

  Schedule:

On 10/22/2020 I researched the codes and conventions for cosmetics commercials, specifically Maybelline.

On 10/23/2020 I established the commercial's props, costumes, schedule location and backup plan.

On 10/24/2020 I will create a storyboard for the commercial.

On 10/26/2020 I will film all of the necessary shots and dump the footage onto my computer to be edited.

On 10/27/2020 and 10/28/2020 I will edit my commercial and add any necessary final touches.

 

Location

My first location will be in my bathroom, and here I will film the mascara application. Then I will film in my bedroom and living room, filming myself walking towards the door. I will also film close-ups of the mascara on the eyelashes. After that I will film on my stairwell, cutting between footage of me walking down and close-ups of the tube of mascara. My final location will be in my house's courtyard, here I will film myself walking out of the door. Any footage needed of just the mascara will be filmed on my sewing table, because of its solid color.

 

Back-up Plan

 

If it is raining but there is still good enough lighting for filming, I will incorporate an umbrella into my props. However, if it does rain it will likely be too dark outside to film. If this happens I will include my closet and film two sections of the commercial in my bathroom. Additionally, instead of walking out of my front door, I will walk out of the door to the courtyard. 






 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...