Thursday, April 8, 2021

Production Blog: Music and Titles

 

Over the past week I have continued to edit my final project and I have made great progress. I added all of my title cards, which while mostly easy, took a lot more work than I anticipated. The type of font I wanted to see for my main credits was not available in my editing program. I thought, at first, that I would ty to make one of the pre-installed ones work for me, but none of them fit my vision. So I took to the internet to see if I could add fonts to shortcut and learned that it uses fonts that are installed onto your desktop. I was so happy at this news because it meant that I could used the font I used when I was planning the titles. I downloaded the fonts needed for both the credits and the main title, and was able to use them in shotcut. Another thing that complicated matters was having the text fade in and out. It is not a set effect for text on shortcut so I had to get creative in order to fix it. I copied the clips where credits would show and pasted the identical clip onto an above track. Then, I would add my text and adjust it to my liking. In order to get the dissolve I was going for I would apply the fade and dissolve effect to the clip on the top track and set it so that the clip would lose opacity instead of going black. By doing this I was able to create the appearance of the text fading in and out. 



I also began to add sound and music to my film. I decided to go with Kevin Macleod's music because it is royalty-free without sounding too tinny or modern for the film.  The song I chose was called night on the docks, and its got a nice jazzy sound, with piano and brass. It gives of the mood of a film noir, which is kind of similar in terms of genre to the film I want to make, especially considering the decade. After writing this blog I am going to add in the dubs and add any additional sound effects that are needed. Then I am going to send my film to a friend to review, so I can re-edit and publish my introduction to youtube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...