Monday, April 12, 2021

Production Blog: Review and Re-Editing

  I have gotten behind schedule in terms of editing, but based on what I have done so far, my project will be ready by the 16th, and as long as it is of good quality, I am ok with running a little behind. Over the weekend of April 9th, 11th, and 12th, I added in the voice recordings my actors sent me and aligned them up with the video to the best of my ability.  I muted the initial audio and extracted the sound for anything I wanted to keep, such as the alarm clock.  After adding in the new dialogue and adjusting the vole so it sounded consistent, I exported the film and uploaded it YoutTube as an unlisted video. This was not my final project, and I reflected that in the title which clarified it was a draft. I wanted to send my video to my peers who have a more unbiased view of it than, I and might be able to offer some feedback that I could not get through self-evaluation. Of the people I sent it to, the main complaint was that the dubbing looked slightly off, but it was overall very positive.







 I took the criticisms to heart and got back to work editing my final project. I un-muted the initial dialogue and aligned the new dubbing up with the original audio so that they aligned nearly perfectly. I also paid close attention to my actors' mouths, making sure it was not open as they were not talking or closed as they were. As I was reediting I also noticed a few issues involving the titles, which seemed to have shifted away from their original placement, resulting in the final film looking very choppy. I put those back into place, resulting in smoother transitions between titles, and a less choppy-looking film. While not noted in the review, My film was a few seconds too long, luckily I didn't have to cut down on whole scenes as I did previously. Rather, I simply shortened up more superfluous shots, like the alarm clock or Francesca putting on her jacket. My computer runs very slowly, so I could not look over it in the most accurate way while still in the editing program. I also had the music fade in rather than start suddenly, as it just starting sounded very jarring. A few clips needed to be moved around after edit, as they had shifted forward or back. So I used the snapping tool on ShotCut to get all the clips back together, this ensured the film played smoothly and choppiness was avoided. So after finishing up a round of edits, I would save and export the video, and then restart my desktop so I could look over the video in its exported form, to have a better view of its strengths and flaws, and then if I noticed any issues, continue editing again with a smoother software.  After finalizing my edits, I will export the video and upload it to YouTube. Then, I will begin work on my CCR.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...