Friday, November 13, 2020

Introduction to the Music Video Project

     

     For this project I have decided to work by myself (excluding the actors) for a variety of reasons. I am a very busy person and I typically work on weekends so it is much harder for me to set time aside to meet up with people. Additionally, most of the people who I know in my class live far away from me, so even if I could meet up with them it would be challenging.  The biggest reason I’m working by myself has to do with thanksgiving break. I’m visiting my dad over the break and I’m not coming back to Florida until December 2nd. I don’t think it would be fair to my group mates to leave them on such a tight filming schedule. Since I’m working by myself I will be able to film over the break and incorporate certain items, settings and people into my film that i could not otherwise include. It is probably for the best that I work by myself. While it would be nice to have a lighter workload, I like having lots of creative control with my projects. By working by myself I also eliminate the risk of creating a bad project because my group did not do their part. This way if my music video is bad it will be no one's fault but my own, which is something I will be able to process and grow from easier. I surprisingly didn't struggle all that much with picking a song, which is odd for me because normally I am very indecisive. I chose the song "Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy" by Queen for this project. Queen is one of my favorite bands and their music is some of the only non-show tune music I listen to on a fairly regular basis. I feel as though this song will be great for some interesting and dynamic film-making. The song goes through multiple tempos and emotions despite its short length. Which is perfect for a music video that can only be a minute long.  I also know that I will not get sick of the song because I listened to it almost every day last summer and I never grew to hate it. I'm very excited to start this project and I already have some ideas for the video.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...