Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Planning Blog: Music Video

 

Song Title

Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy.

Props

For this music video I will be using several props. I will be using a keyboard piano, an electric guitar and a microphone in order to emulate the idea that the actor is playing the instruments. 



Costume 

Since this song is about being romantic and gentleman-like I want my costumes to reflect that. I intend on having my actor wearing black pants and a men’s dress shirt for filming. 



Schedule

On 11/13 I chose the song for my music video and decided to work alone.

On 11/16 I began researching the conventions of my song’s genre.

On 11/17 I planned out my music videos props, costumes and locations. I also established a schedule and a back-up plan in case anything goes wrong. 

On 11/19 I will design a storyboard for my music video.

On 11/29 I will begin filming. If I need to I will extend filming up to 12/01.

 On 12/01 I will begin to edit the video on Clipchamp. On 12/03 I will have access to a desktop computer again and I will finish editing in Openshot.  


 Location 


The main location I will be filming in is my garage. The garage is bare enough to resemble a stage and it is already where my dad keeps his electric guitar, and since I do not want to move it I will be staying in there. Additionally, the garage allows me to use both artificial and natural lighting. A few short shots will be filmed outside of the garage by a pond near my house. 


Back-up plan 

My main concern for this project has to do with my actor. If he can not make it for filming I will have to adapt. I will take on the part as the subject of the scene, and ask my family for help with holding cameras. If my phone breaks like last time (hopefully it won’t because it’s new), I will film on my dad’s phone. As a fail-safe I will be immediately uploading all of my footage, regardless of whether or not I intend on using it, to google photos because I am filming in another state and I won’t be able to re-film if I lose anything. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...