Friday, November 20, 2020

Planning Storyboard for my Music Video



Scene one: ( “Ooh love ooh loverboy What're you doin' tonight”) 


A long shot of the actor playing a piano in the center of the set. Near the end of the scene he turns his head to the right, as though he is interacting with someone. This scene helps to establish the idea that the actors will be playing their instruments and that the sound is diegetic. The head turn at the end also sets up the next shot.


Scene 2: (“Hey Boy”)


 The camera cuts to a close-up of the actor with his body away from the camera and his face turning towards it. This scene is meant to act as the response to the previous interaction implied from the last scene.


Scene 3:(“Write my letter Feel much better”)


A tracking shot of the actor walking across the set happily from right to left while holding a microphone. This scene corresponds with the line “Write my letter

Feel much better” and I want the scene to convey how the character is very happy with his current predicament. 


Scene 4:(And use my fancy patter on the telephone”


 A medium shot as the actor slides down the wall into a seated position. As this happens the camera tilts up. This scene helps transition into the bridge, as the camera tilts up and the actor slides down it allows me to change location and general ambiance just as the song does. 


Scene 5: (“When I'm not with you I think of you always”)


The scene fades to a wide-shot of a pond around sunset. This scene allows me to establish a new setting for the music video. 


Scene 6: (“(I miss those long hot summer nights) I miss you”)


 A high angle of the main actor laying down by the lake. This shot is meant to establish the calm nostalgia the character feels about this place. 

  

Scene 7: (When I'm not with you Think of me always”)


In a medium shot the actor sits away from the camera and faces the lake. This scene is meant to show that the character is reflecting on their love life. 





Scene 8: (“Love you, love you”)


The shot dissolves, in order to show that it is not happening concurrently with the other scenes, into a low angle medium shot of the main character being proposed to. This scene explains why the main character is so happy with his love life and why he is singing about it with his band. This scene will require a prop not mentioned in the planning blog as I came up with the proposal idea while working on the storyboard. 


Scene 9: (“Hey boy where do you get it from”)


 A long shot at a low angle showing the actor leaning against the wall singing into the mic. This scene is meant to show the confidence the character has as he asks the question. 


Scene 10: (“Hey boy where did you go?’)


 A closeup of the actor playing the piano. This shot serves as our final close look at the main character's expression. 

 

Scene 11:("I learned my passion in the good old fashioned school of loverboys)


A long shot of the actor holding an electric guitar. This scene establishes who is playing the guitar in the next scene.


Scene 12: (Guitar Solo)


 An extreme close-up of the actor playing the guitar. This scene coincides with the guitar solo of the song and also serves as an opportunity to showcase the engagement ring.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...