Monday, February 15, 2021

My Pitch

 I have two pitches for my film, each with its pros and cons. While I like both of them a lot, one ultimately came out on top. 


My first pitch is the following: 

“ After years of being lied to about the world ending in a nuclear war, a woman is forced to confront a very different world than the one she left.”. I like this pitch quite a bit and think that the film that would result from it would be very interesting. I believe it has a creative concept and it would allow many opportunities for social criticisms of both the past and present. However, While it is interesting, the film may be too complex for me to handle at my current skill level, and I would rather have a more evenly good and well-made film than an ambitious one. Additionally, the exact story details about this pitch are far fuzzier in my mind than the plot of my second pitch. I want to know exactly what kind of film I’m making when I make this intro, not just a vague idea of it. 




My second pitch is the following: 

“A self-declared spinster falls in love with a makeup saleswoman in the 1950s”. This pitch does have its flaws, it is much more elementary than my first pitch and while I do not think it is unoriginal, it is not the most unique idea in the world. Additionally, this intro will require at least one other actor, which may make finding time to film more difficult.  However, I am personally attached to same-sex love stories and I think this pitch would allow me to make a romantic comedy about people like myself. Despite this story being more simple than my first pitch, I think the very nature of the story will allow for criticism of midcentury homophobia and sexism. The simplicity of this story will also be very helpful since I am working by myself and do not want to waste time on complexities. I also have a much more finite idea of the plot of the entire film than the first pitch. 


I ultimately chose “A self-declared spinster falls in love with a makeup saleswoman in the 1950s” as the pitch for my final task. I think it will fit my time and skill level better, and I think it caters far more to my interests as an artist, which may make the work needed to create it all the easier. I think the story is different enough to stand out, but not so out there as to be too complex for me to handle. This pitch is for a film that I would truly love to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...