Monday, March 1, 2021

Planning Blog: Title Design

 For my film introduction, I will have my titles be written in a soft and romantic-looking cursive. They will dissolve in from the previous title, and dissolve out from the last. Each title will be in a different spot depending on the shot of the scene. 

The working title for this film is Rouge Hearts, although that is prone to change. 

The title will be written in a much more elegant and fancy font than the rest of the text, looking somewhat like this 

Rouge Hearts.

The main title will also be written in a much larger font than the rest of the titles. 

The titles will come on for around 2-5 seconds. 
 
I am currently planning on making my film black and white, as it fits the mood of the film  I intend to make. Because of this, I do not have many options for font color for my title. My current plan is to make my titles a stark white, with a black shadow border underneath to help them stand out from the background. 

The credits for the actors will appear alongside their appearance in scenes 3 and 4. This is so the audience can better understand which actor is which. After scene 3 the rest of the production crew's credit will commence. 

Each role will be written in a smaller font than the name of the person filling that role. This is a common theme I saw in many movie titles from the Fifties and I think it would fit my film very well. The example below has the role font at roughly half of the size of the name font. 

The role title being smaller helps to emphasize the name of the team member who helped out, which I find as a filmmaker to be more important to emphasize. However, making the role title much smaller makes it harder for the audience to read. In order to remedy this, I will space out the letters of the role title. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection (Final Task)

This is my Creative Critical Reflection for my final task. I answered all of the questions in an interview-style by using editing to make it...